"Exclusive" IE MTB Custom Fox Fork!




After some grueling fire road climbs, watching my front fork bobbing with each pedal stroke, while  at the same time watching Van plugging away with his front fork locked,  I decided I needed to have a lockout front fork!  Unfortunately my skill level and cheap-ness do not allow me to buy a $700+ fork, so I started brainstorming!  Several ideas and a few trips to the local hardware warehouse, and I think I came up with something that works!  Here are a few pictures...
 









Supplies used:

Rubber corks
Threaded rod (a long bolt without the bolt head)
Sprinkler 'stop-cock' with 90^ valve
Zip ties (ALWAYS your friend!)
Band clamps
Tape:
     Gorilla tape (like super-duct tape!)
     Friction tape (the kind you use to wrap hockey sticks)
     3M Double stick mounting tape
Black bed sheet from walmart (for the 'aesthetically pleasing' look...LOL)

I have it adjusted for about 1-1.5" of travel on lockout, and all you have to do is reach down and turn the black lever 90^ to go from 4.7" of travel to 1.5" of travel!  Bring on the fireroad climbs!

Also, as you can see from the pictures, it's REALLY ugly, so I decided to do a little 'aesthetic' modification...




--IE MTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here

Share this Blog Post

Share/Save/Bookmark